From here. I made a modified half recipe and it made plenty, probably about 24.
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups oats (I used regular, not quick oats, and I think this is crucial to the texture)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup craisins or other dried cranberries.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Mix sugars and margarine together “until light and fluffy,” whatever that means. Add in vanilla, egg, flour, baking soda, and salt. Oats go in last, then the chips and cranberries.
- Drop by the teaspoonful on a greased cookie sheet. Bake about 10-12 minutes. Let cool before you remove from cookie sheet.
- I think I baked these about 13 minutes, mostly because I put them in for 8, then opened the oven and stared at them for a minute. Don’t do that – start with 10.
- These were incredible. The oats really give them a great texture, and they’re sweet without being too sweet.
- Good for breakfast, according to Bryan.